From "exxos" <hat...@yahoo.com>
Subject LIMIT Back on the scene
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:57:36 GMT
Hi,

I access MySQL via the Empire-db, but I have the need of the instruction
"LIMIT", in order to limit the number of row returned by the SELECT.I
understand that currently Empire-DB (version 2.0.5) does not support it,
because it is specific to some DB engines, but for me, dealing without it,
it is not an option! I cannot go over...

So, I modified the implementation of DBCommand and I rebuild and
regenerated the empire-db JAR lib, and now I have the instruction supported
in my project:

        cmd.select(db.author.getColumns());
        cmd.where(db.author.lastname.like(name)
                .or(db.author.firstname.like(name))
                .or(db.author.pseudo.like(name)));
        cmd.limit(10);

But it is a temporary solution, because from now, I cannot use the official
release without each time reinject my "Hack" (Who is not really one)
This is probably one of the most important instructions when you play with
MySQL or others DB engines that support it. It is easy to do it, why not,
into the specific implementation DBCommand for MySQL: DBCommandMySQL

Please add this feature!

Cheers.