From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: caching advice? and metadata-driven usage
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:06:24 GMT
Dear Greg,

first I am pleased to hear that from all those components mentioned you prefer Empire-db.

Unfortunately I personally don't have any experience with caching frameworks (Maybe someone
else has).
I mostly use it for applications that involve user interaction and in these cases caching
is always problematic.
But surely for mostly static OLAP data I can see the benefit.

Depending on how exactly you work with Empire-db you might want to try overriding the method
readRecord(DBRecord rec, Object[] key, Connection conn) in a class derived from DBTable and
put your caching code in there. However it is hard to give a good advice without knowing the
exact problem.

But if you find a solution for your caching problem I would be interested to know how you
have solved it.

Regards,
Rainer