From phil barrett <pbx9...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Database Engine and Dynamic Data Model
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:48:50 GMT
Hi Francis, per database I imagine would be better.

And with the dynamic class it might be sort of useful to have it create a class on the fly
which would then be saved.

regards Phil

________________________________
From: Francis De Brabandere <francisdb@gmail.com>
To: empire-db-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 5 January, 2010 9:39:26
Subject: Re: Database Engine and Dynamic Data Model

Hi Phil,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM, phil barrett <pbx9959@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, Simple question first, is there some place where from Empire-db you can
> tell mysql what database engine to use, innodb, myisam etc?

For now this is not implemented in our mysql driver:
"CREATE DATABASE " + databaseName + " CHARACTER SET " + characterSet

Would you like to set this per database or globally?

> Secondly.using the advanced sample as an example and I might be confused
> here..
> You start with a concrete class that shows the database attributes and can
> use this in your coding to circumvent the problem with using quoted names.
> If you then have some code that changes the database to add an attribute, it
> changes the database but does not change the class to add the attribute so
> the class and the database are now out of sync?

At runtime, as long as you don't create more than one instance of your
DBDatabase class there is no problem:
// First, add a new column to the Table object
DBTableColumn C_FOO = db.T_EMPLOYEES.addColumn("FOO", DataType.TEXT, 20, false);
... we run ddl ...
//

But of course after restarting the application you loose this information...

Cheers,
Francis

--
http://www.somatik.be