From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: Samples Problem
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:32:28 GMT
Hi Phil,

I am sorry I don’t quite understand your question.

Yes, the SampleDB class defines the data model and the sample will create such a database
if it does not exist.

In the ddl sample function a column is programatically added to a table (by using ALTER TABLE
…) and then a DBRecord object is used to read / modify records of that table.

The creation of the DB is handled by the MySQL driver. If you feel that you need more control
over the DDL creation process simply derive a class from DBDatabaseDriverMySQL and override
getDDLScript().

And if you think that your improvements might be of public interest then you can send us your
code and we might publish it.

In order to let other users benefit from our conversation I have sent a copy to the empire-db-user
mailing list.

Regards

Rainer