From andrew cooke <acooke....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting failure to retrieve data
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:22:10 GMT
2009/10/7 Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de>:
> However, if you know for sure that the result is a single record or none, you can instead
use the method getRecordData(DBCommandExpr cmd, Connection conn) on DBReader. This method
opens the reader and moves to the first record. If no record was found this function returns
false.

Thanks for replying about this.  It turns out that I was confused by
the exception that is thrown if exceptions are enabled on the error
object and had ended up duplicating this method in my own code.  I've
now gone back and checked, and fixed my mistake.

Thanks for all the help - my code is now working pretty much as I
expected and I am (slowly) implementing functionality...

Cheers,
Andrew