From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:56:29 GMT
Hi all,

We are still discussing on the matter so don't think it won't happen.
Apache works with a 'merit' system to let people in, this to make sure
that we have active committers.

I'm sure we will find a solution you guys agree with.

Cheers,
Francis

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Rainer Döbele<doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> glad to hear that you are back and I appreciate very much that you are willing to contribute
to our project.

> Unfortunately it's not as easy as I hoped it would be. I was hoping that you and Benjamin
could become committers of our project and that you would get write access to our SVN this
way. Then we could have started a new sub-project for the DBGenerator with you, Benjamin and
other committer working together.

> Sadly my proposal to do it this way was rejected by our mentors since they demand that
potential new committers must prove their interest in the project by submitting several patches
over the period of a year or more before they can become committers. Since we're also not
allowed to just take over your code without written permission things are going to be difficult.

> So at the moment I don't see any chance that we could benefit from your work.
> All we could do at the moment is take your ideas and implement it ourselves - which in
my opinion would not be fair. Not even sure it would be legal.

--
http://www.somatik.be