From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: EmpireDB and PostgreSQL support
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:05:39 GMT
Hi David,

at the moment we have nobody who is familiar with PostgreSQL and could develop and test a
driver class. The driver class basically defines the SQL dialect specifics. Creating a driver
is quite simple and usually requires just a day or two, provided that you are familiar with
the database.

We would appreciate if you could be the one to develop a PostgreeSQL driver and we would assist
you in that task the best we can. Basically it's just copying one of the existing driver classes
(e.g. DBDatabaseDriverOracle, DBDatabaseDriverMSSQL) and then rename and modify it so that
it suits the target databases specifics.

We would then publish the driver with our next release.

If you are interested please let me know.
Best regards,

Rainer