From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Problem with the location of velocity-templates in the code-generator
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:49:38 GMT
Hi all,

I have a minor problem with the code generator.

I have set up a new project from which I try to call the code generator from my own class
like this:

public class MyCodeGenerator {

    public static void main( String[] args ) {

        CodeGenerator app = new CodeGenerator();

        app.generate( "myconfig.xml" );

    }

}

In my pom I have a dependency to the current snapshot

<dependency>

      <groupId>org.apache.empire-db</groupId>

      <artifactId>empire-db-codegen</artifactId>

      <version> 2.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>

</dependency>

Everything works fine until the parsed classes should be written.

For some reason the velocity engine cannot locate the templates in the resource folder.

Any idea what I can to so that the templates will be found?

Here is the error:

ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'templates\Database.vm' in any resource loader.
 at org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute.log(CommonsLogLogChute.java:96)

ERROR [2011/10/16 13:35]: Unable to find resource 'templates\Database.vm'  at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenWriter.writeFile(CodeGenWriter.java:301)

org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'templates\Database.vm'

      at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:474)

      at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:352)

      at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:1533)

      at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:1514)

      at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:373)

      at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenWriter.writeFile(CodeGenWriter.java:295)

      at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenWriter.createDatabaseClass(CodeGenWriter.java:203)

      at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenWriter.generateCodeFiles(CodeGenWriter.java:132)

      at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java:61)

      at org.apache.empire.db.codegen.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java:72)

Thanks

Rainer