From Matt DeHoust <mdeho...@gmail.com>
Subject Patch for consideration
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:44:54 GMT
Hello Empire Devs,

I have been using empire with some success lately and will share my findings
as soon as I get past my deadline. Still much to do!

In the meantime, I have a patch to offer for consideration. The patch is
against the 2.1.0-incubating release version, but should work against the
current code base too.

The problem is that the codegen parser does not set the decimal digits for
the size of DECIMAL columns. This leads to problems if you use empire-db to
generate your schema. You expect DECIMAL(10,2) but get DECIMAL(10,0).

The patch includes a test case to show the problem, as well as a proposed
solution.

Thanks for your consideration.

Matt DeHoust

P.S. While I'm on the subject, modelling the column size as a double has
inherent limitations. For example, how do you represent a DECIMAL value with
20 decimal digits? Are there any plans to address this going forward?

P.P.S. I also have a use case where it would be helpful for DBViewColumn to
include column size information. Column size it is not available in the
current DBViewColumn model. It's not urgent, but thought I'd mention it in
case someone wants to take a look.