From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject empire-db-config?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:22:05 GMT
Hi Franics,

thanks for your opinion.
IMO it is OK to remove the XMLWriter class as it is not being used in core. The examples (basic
and spring) use it though. On the other hand it's not doing any harm in core either.

The utility-class and the addXml() are a different story. They are used for retrieving data
in XML format including metadata which can then be transformed to another format using XSLT.
We can talk about a different way to generate the XML, but XML generation is part of the core
functionality.

In general I do also appreciate the change to SLF4J - although I wasn't sure whether it's
still the best thing available (things change so rapidly these days).
It's just a shame they have not included configuration in their facade. IMO logging configuration
is as important as logging itself.
What we need is a SLCF4J - i.e. a Simple Log Configuration Fascade for Java :-)

Still, I don't see the point in having this empire-db-config module.
Why can't we just remove the logging configuration form XMLConfiguration and keep it in core?
Just keep it small and simple - that what people like us for.

Regards
Rainer