From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject XMLWriter & co?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:18:28 GMT
Hi Rainer,

I found this unused class in Empire-DB: XMLWriter. Can I remove it?

Futher, what are the public abstract Element addXml(Element parent,
long flags); methods in record, column, view and ... used for? I
suppose they can write query info to xml? What would this be used for?
Is there some code that does the reverse?

I think we should try to keep the number of methods on our classes to
a minimum so that a user can do ctrl-space in his IDE and have a clear
idea what they can/schould do. Should XML export functionality exist
in our core database related classes?

Greets,

Francis

--