From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.7-incubating release completed, what's next?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:19:01 GMT
Hi all,

reply inline

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Franics,
>
> first I want to thank you again for managing this whole release process.
> Unthinkable what we would do without you.

It's quite straightforward, just takes some time, it's important to
follow the wiki on making releases.

> Please apologize that I have been too busy and thus been very quiet.

No need for that!

> I will try to check and update the website today or tomorrow.

That has been taken care of, at least for news, download links and javadoc

> Also I will review your prepared statement check code.
>
> About what is next: Technically we should consider a new release 2.1. soon.

Version has been updated to 2.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in the
repository, would we rather have 2.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT?

> Besides the prepared statement fixes we should reconsider the slf4j logging (already
tried but the problem seems to be the configuration) and the exception handling - and maybe
a few more things.

I'm a fan of slf4j, and so dumping commons-logging. But the main
problem is that we have a hard dependency on log4j. We should at least
make that optional.

> Organizationally we must find out how we can move forward regarding our graduation.
> Do you think we should ask the board whether they think we're ready?

We just got a new mentor, which is great news. And about incubation...
I fear we're not doing well enough at building up an active community.

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be