From Andreas Fink <a...@andreasfink.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.7-incubating release completed, what's next?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:39:08 GMT
Hi Francis, Rainer.

>> Besides the prepared statement fixes we should reconsider the slf4j logging (already
tried but the problem seems to be the configuration) and the exception handling - and maybe
a few more things.

> I'm a fan of slf4j, and so dumping commons-logging. But the main
> problem is that we have a hard dependency on log4j. We should at least
> make that optional.

Why don't you have a look at Logback (+slf4j): http://logback.qos.ch/documentation.html
It is API compatible with slf4j, works with any logging impl out there (jdk, commons, ...)
and even writes to stdout if no impl is available (handy for unit tests).
Moreover it gives you the possibility to keep the old calls to log4j in the source, if this
is really necessary: http://slf4j.org/legacy.html

Cheers,
Andi.

--