From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: [VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.7-incubating (rc2)
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:30:22 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

when you specify the base URL only, then the app-server should load the welcome-file that
is first in the welcome-file-list of the web.xml (see src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml). Our
welcome-file-list is as follows:

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

The index.html file in this list loaded in the web root directory of the app (src/main/webapp).
This file then in turn redirects to the login page using the following meta-tag:

	<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=login.action">

Unfortunately I cannot say, what Jetty doesn't like and why.
Personally I don't use Jetty at all.

When I run it with Tomcat I get no exceptions (except the org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException
exception you get when you run the example the first time, by which the app detects that it
has to create the database).
Can you post your log output?

Regards
Rainer