From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc1)
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:55:28 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

Commons logging was indeed only provided on the parent module and in
scope provided, which indicates that we expect the container or
runtime environment to provide commons logging. Of course this is
wrong and I put it to compile scope since commons logging is our main
logging api.

The implementation we use is log4j and this should normally be in
"runtime" scope as we don't need it to compile the code. But
XmlConfiguration seems to depend on Log4j as it actually sets up
log4j.
Personally I think this a bad idea. Merging our configuration and that
of log4j does not bring any added value. Everybody is used to setting
up log4j in its own configuration file. Therefore I would opt to
remove that functionality. Anybody against this?

I will cut a new RC later today.

Thanks for having a look at this issue.

--
http://www.somatik.be