From Benjamin Venditti <benjamin.vendi...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc1)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:13:39 GMT
Hi Francis,

i tried to run the web-examples with jetty without success (at first).
Here is what i did:
	- removed local maven repository
	- "mvn clean compile" in the root empire repository
	- "mvn jetty:run" in empire-db-examples\empire-db-example-struts2

It claims that it cannot find "org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory"
although commons-logging is defined as a dependency within the parent
pom.xml. A error logfile is attached to this email for further details.

I was curious and just added commons-logging to the pom.xml in
empire-db-examples\empire-db-example-struts2 and was quite surprised
when i saw that jetty started without complaining.

I think i do not know how maven works exactly, but i don't understand
why some dependencies e.g. like log4j, are added to both the parent
pom.xml and a child pom.xml.

I hope i could be of any help.

Best regards,
	Benjamin