From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: Some thoughts
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:20:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

thanks for everything you've done and I apologize for not being able to participate more frequently
at the moment.
But I will have a look at the code generator this weekend.

As far as your thought's are concerned:
My idea is that in the end the codegen should (primarily) become a Maven plugin.
During development it is probably easier to have a console application, but it should indeed
be kept independent as Francis suggests.

About sl4j: I don't know much about the benefits compared to log4j. I have briefly followed
the link you provided but did not have time to get into further detail. So far I have never
had problems with log4j.
The question is: Wouldn't we have to switch the entire project and not just the codegen to
slf4j and is it really worth it? If it's worth I wouldn't mind changing, but it's not on the
top of my list.

Regards
Rainer