From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Some thoughts
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:16:40 GMT
Hi all,

I cleaned up the code generator a bit. I hope I'm not too much
interfering with you guys. Let me know if you don't agree with this
way of working...

Some thoughts:

[codegen]
- I think we should try to keep the code generator independent from
the console application so that we can easily create and IDE or Maven
plugin for the code generator.
- We need to think about how to support multiple database vendors. I'm
willing to have a go at a MySQL/Postgre version once we have torn out
the database-specific stuff in one or more separate class(es).

[general]
- I'm a big fan of (unit) testing so I will probably add tests here
and there over time... Automated integrations tests for HSQLDB, H2 and
Derby should be possible. On the other hand testing is mostly of the
time easier when using composition instead of inheritance.
- I'd like to suggest to move to slf4j for logging as there are known
issues with commons logging. See this page for some background info:
http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#yet_another_facade

Cheers,
Francis

--