From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: Starting with Empire-db code generator
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:04:42 GMT
Hi Benni,

yes I would be grateful if you could do that.
We just have to make sure that we don't work on the same subject.

The first goal should be to create a connection and generate the database and table classes.
Thomas is using a BasicDataSource for connection pooling.
However I don't think we need to do that. I'd rather have a simple JDBC connection like the
one we use in our samples.

Further we need to find a solution for detecting the primary key column.
We cannot assume the primary key is always a single column with the same name throughout the
db.

What I also found is that ResultSets obtained for reading meta data are not always closed.
e.g. ResultSet tables = dbMeta.getTables(...)
should be closed in a finally block.

Rather than trying to get over as much code as possible we should carefully rethink how we
can improve the overall architecture and do several small steps instead of one big one. I
am convinced this will lead to a better solution.

So please let me know until when you think you can come up with the first classes to integrate.

Regards
Rainer