From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documenting release process
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:21:27 GMT
Hi Rainer, I'll take care of this later this week. Maybe you are
missing some permissions?

I'm in these groups:
Groups

    * confluence-users
    * empire-db-committers
    * empire-db-admin

You can create an issue for this in the infra jira confluence section

Cheers,
Francis

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> I hope you had a nice and relaxing holiday.
> Last weekend I have published the distribution files and changed your website.
>
> However I seem to be too stupid to change the wiki pages in order to document the release
process.
> I simply did not find an edit button anywhere.
>
> But here is what I have done:
>
> Move the release files to the dist location
> 1.      Log on to people.apache.org
> 2.      Go to /x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/empire-db
> 3.      Create a subdirectory with the version number (i.e. 2.0.5)
> 4.      Upload all distribution files to that directory (.zip, .tar.gz, .asc, .md5,
.sha)
> 5.      Possibly change write permissions of that directory and all files to allow
group members to add / modify files (although they should never ever change again)
> 6.      Wait (one day) before files become available on the mirrors
>

> Update the Empire-db website
> ----------------------------
> 1.      Check out the Empire-db website source files from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/empire-db/site
> 2.      Edit Pages with html editor (I am using Microsoft Expression Web)
> 3.      Open page download.htm and copy section with previous release files to previous.htm.
> 4.      In download.htm replace all reference to old version number with new version
number.
> 5.      Commit all changes to svn repo.
> 6.      Log on to people.apache.org using ssh
> 7.      Goto /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/empire-db
> 8.      Run "svn update" command.
> 9.      Don't forget to add write permissions of all changed files for group and all
users (change from 0x644 to 0x666)
> 10.     Wait some time for changes to become available on the mirrors.
>
> Announce release
> Send an E-Mail to announce@apache.org starting as follows:
> "The Empire-db team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Empire-db version 2.0.5.
> Apache Empire-db is a lightweight data access and persistence component for relational
databases based on JDBC.
> http://incubator.apache.org/empire-db"
> Afterwards add description and list of changes.
> Important: The e-mail must be sent from an apache e-mail account. It is sufficient if
the from address contains an apache mail account.

http://www.somatik.be