From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Preparing rc6
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:35:36 GMT
Francis De Brabandere wrote:
> Is that really a problem?

As a user I'd expect that a release consists of one and the same jar file,
not slightly different ones. I do not think the different jar files prevent
the release, but this is certainly not pretty.

> I'm just creating a dist after the maven
> release was performed. I don't see an other way.

I have never used the release plugin, but used "mvn deploy" and "mvn dist"
on the same project. But now thinking of it, I'm not sure whether this
procedure creates the same jar file...
Maybe one can disable the creation of the META-INF\maven folder or the
comment in the pom... But then I'm not sure again which plugin creates the
jar file.

    Thomas