From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing rc6
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:49:35 GMT
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:
> Francis De Brabandere wrote:
>> Is that really a problem?
>
> As a user I'd expect that a release consists of one and the same jar file,
> not slightly different ones. I do not think the different jar files prevent
> the release, but this is certainly not pretty.
>
>> I'm just creating a dist after the maven
>> release was performed. I don't see an other way.
>
> I have never used the release plugin, but used "mvn deploy" and "mvn dist"

In fact the release and the build of the dist are two different
stages. mvn dist does not exist, I suppose you meant mvn
assembly:assembly

A release manual is available at this url:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/empiredb/Release+Process
Let me know if you think there is a better way.

So when creating the dist I check out the tag and do a second build.
There might be a way to fetch the jar's from the staging repository
instead of of rebuilding them but I'm not a ware of an easy way to do
this. (the staging repository url changes each time so there is no
easy way to point to it)

I think it is more important to simplify the release process instead
of trying to have these dates equal.

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be