From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:41:17 GMT
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Francis De
Brabandere<francisdb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do we need the general@ mail if the
> mentors votes are enough?

Because more eyes is better. The incubator PMC has delegated direct
oversight to the Mentors, but doesn't relinquish the oversight. The 3
+1 votes from your mentors are the minimum required votes. However, 5
-1 votes from IPMC members will negate our 3 +1 votes. And there are
many reasons why we mentors might +1 a release, but someone else will
-1 it.

I usually look at the rat reports to see if there are no license
issues, and if due process was followed. But others will check for a
tag in svn, proper directory layout, unnecessary files in releases,
etc. There's a whole spectrum to look at, and while we do our best, we
can't catch everything.

Martijn