From n...@eknet.org
Subject Re: error using apache derby and CLOB datatype
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:58:35 GMT
Hi Francis

thanks for  the fast (!) fix.  i agree that most  people (including me
:)) would expect a CLOB when specifying this type. maybe it's a better
idea to use a long varchar on DataType.TEXT if the size is appropriate
for this.

As I said, I'm new to Derby, but I would always expect better
performance on using a (long)-varchar than a clob for any db until i'm
told the opposite...

regards
eike

email: eike@eknet.org   https://www.eknet.org  pgp: 481161A0