From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Building the release assembly
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:19:05 GMT
Hi Francis,

It seems that you have not yet changed the assembly generation to adapt to the changes we
have discussed last Sunday (see below).

As you have already seen I have added a file that shows which dependencies are required to
build the empire-struts2-ext under empire-db-struts2\src\main\resources. The dependencies
listed in there are the minimum requirement to build the empire-struts2-ext jar.

But I have another issue concering the naming of the empire-struts2-ext:
I have delibertately chosen the name not to include the -db since there is no database functionaltiy
in there. The package namespace reflects this as well. Hence the name of the jar should be
empire-struts2-ext-xxx.jar (with xxx standing for the version string).
The same applies to the Maven artifact id which should be empire-struts2-ext.
Ideally this should also apply to the project name but this would probably be too much hassle
to change now.
Also the version string should only be <version>2.0.5-SNAPSHOT</version> (personally
I would even remove the SNAPSHOT). I could change this myself, but they are your files and
I better ask beforehand.
Concering the naming I would suggest to stick to the naming of our previous release (see http://incubator.apache.org/empire-db/downloads/downloads.htm).

Please let me know, when you have changed the assembly generation so I can check it an possibly
put it up for voting.
I think we both want to get this release out asap.

Regards
Rainer