From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review of release assembly
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:56:08 GMT
> 1. The name of the archive must be "apache-empire-db-2.0.5-incubating.zip" (or .tar.gz
respectively)

name fixed (SNAPSHOT) will be removed when we create an actual release

> 2. The root directory must contain the README.TXT with the Apache disclaimer, the LICENSE.TXT
containing the Apache License and the NOTICE.TXT. If we decide to provide the hsqldb.jar we
would also need to supply the LICENSE-HSQLDB.txt. Without those files supplied in the root
directory we will not be able to get the approval of the community. I would appreciate to
also have the tutorial.pdf there. Don't know where to supply the changelog (expecially if
we distribute core and struts2-ext together)

txt files added
pdf added
do we need to add hsqldb? most ppl won't need it.

> 3. I was surprised to find that the size of the archive was 19,3 MB. The reason was soon
discovered: The file empire-db-example-struts2-cxf-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.war in the lib directory
has 13,2 MB on its own. I don't think it makes sense to include the compiled examples. I would
prefer only to provide the empire-db-2.0.5.jar and the empire-db-struts2-2.0.5.jar (without
the "SNAPSHOT").

fixed and SNAPSHOT will be removed when we build an actual release
(SNAPSHOT is a special maven tag to indicate a transient non-released
build)

> 4. I was unable to find the javadoc. Is Javadoc generation missing in the maven build?

I'll fix this when I got some more time left

> 5. Due to the missing dependencies and project files it is virtually impossible for someone
who is not familiar with Maven to run any of the sample applications. Shouldn't we give a
clue how to best set things up with Maven and maybe even how to live without?

Any suggestions on how? Site, in txt file, pdf, ...?

--
http://www.somatik.be