From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for planning of new release
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:31:20 GMT
>> I don't think we can release to the central repo as we are in
>> incubation. The incubator has it's own repository for releases where
>> we can push our releases to. I'll try to make some time later this
>> week or this weekend for getting acquainted with the actual release
>> procedure and configuration.
>
> Is this so? I thought the central maven repo was not restricted to (top level) Apache
projects but open to anyone. Wouldn't that mean that someone who wants to use empire-db would
have to add the incubator repository to the maven settings first? And would this not be too
complicated for some?

the policy for this seems to have changed recently:
http://www.nabble.com/Maven-for-incubating-projects-td22104374.html

we need to add -incubating to the version string:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-maven

more this weekend

--
http://www.somatik.be