From "Benjamin Venditti" <vendi...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:55:30 GMT
Hi Francis,

i figured out how to configure the web-applications to run within eclipse.
To get it working, I used the following snippet in the pom.xml for the web-example projects:

	<!-- WTP-Eclipse-Projekt 	-->
	<plugin>
		<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
		<configuration>
			<m2eclipse>true</m2eclipse>
			<downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
			<wtpversion>1.5</wtpversion>
		</configuration>
	</plugin>

It is then sufficient to run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" on the console once to get it working within
eclipse.

However this has some strange effect on the other example projects, i.e. the m2eclipse plugin
does not convert the other example projects correctly. And I get an error message during checkout
saying:

	An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". Element 	not found: /empire-db-parent/empire-db-examples/empire-db-example-
struts2-cxf/.settings.

Although the folder is there?!?!?!

I therefore included the upper snipped in the pom.xml only as an comment.
If users want to run/debug the web-examples in eclipse, they just have to uncomment it and
run "mvn eclipse:eclipse".