From "Benjamin Venditti" <vendi...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:45:17 GMT

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Francis De Brabandere [mailto:francisdb@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Fr 27.02.2009 12:10
An: empire-db-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

are you using doebele as svn account???

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Benjamin Venditti <venditti@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> i figured out how to configure the web-applications to run within eclipse.
> To get it working, I used the following snippet in the pom.xml for the web-example projects:
>
>        <!-- WTP-Eclipse-Projekt        -->
>        <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                        <m2eclipse>true</m2eclipse>
>                        <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>                        <wtpversion>1.5</wtpversion>
>                </configuration>
>        </plugin>
>
> It is then sufficient to run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" on the console once to get it working
within eclipse.

> However this has some strange effect on the other example projects, i.e. the m2eclipse
plugin does not convert the other example projects correctly. And I get an error message during
checkout saying:

>        An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". Element  not
found: /empire-db-parent/empire-db-examples/empire-db-example-      struts2-cxf/.settings.

> Although the folder is there?!?!?!
>
> I therefore included the upper snipped in the pom.xml only as an comment.
> If users want to run/debug the web-examples in eclipse, they just have to uncomment it
and run "mvn eclipse:eclipse".

he did that. He wrote that he used the "Run As--> Run on Server ..." option, but not that
he executed "mvn eclipse:m2eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5" before. So I thought there is an easier
way to get it working.

http://www.somatik.be