From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: again Maven
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:36:01 GMT
Hi Francis,

What? You're working on other projects? Shame on you! :-)

Since the sources of hsqldb 1.8.0.7 don't seem to be avaiable anywhere I will probably to
with 1.8.0.1.

We should go ahead merging the branches now, then I can to my modifications on the trunk again.

Although I am not sure whether we have to, I will do it the Apache way and call for a vote.

Regards,
Rainer

Francis De Brabandere wrote:
> Re: again Maven
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> > Hi Francis,
> >
> > first of all I am astonished that you always reply within minutes.
> > I hope that sitting in front of your computer answering my (stupid) questions is
not your only activity in > life.
> > If so, let me tell you that there is more to life than computers and that you should
sometimes really go out > and have a beer or two :-)

> hehe, I've had my part of beer drinking this weekend :-) don't worry
> it's just that I'm working on an other project of mine and I happen to
> be at my desk right now...
>

> > Back to business.
> > 1. The MANIFEST.MF does not seem to get recreated, so forget about it for now.
> > 2. IMO the config.xml should always be in the file system. It makes no sense to
hide it inside a jar. I > think even logically it belongs exactly where the readme.txt
and the tutorial.pdf belong. And there is no doubt > that we must be able to debug the
app without fiddling around with program arguments. And besides that I > always plead for
"comfort over convention".

Maven site > (http://maven.apache.org). Strange isn't it?

> there are other sites to find artifacts but that one is best, it tends
> to go down from time to time though
>
> > One more question for you though.
> > I want to debug the HSQLDB JDBC driver code.
> > So in Eclipse I opened the "Maven dependencies" node, right-clicked on hsqldb-1.8.0.7
and picked Maven-> >Download sources.