From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject again Maven
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:00:47 GMT
Hi Francis,

first of all I am astonished that you always reply within minutes.
I hope that sitting in front of your computer answering my (stupid) questions is not your
only activity in life.
If so, let me tell you that there is more to life than computers and that you should sometimes
really go out and have a beer or two :-)

Back to business.
1. The MANIFEST.MF does not seem to get recreated, so forget about it for now.
2. IMO the config.xml should always be in the file system. It makes no sense to hide it inside
a jar. I think even logically it belongs exactly where the readme.txt and the tutorial.pdf
belong. And there is no doubt that we must be able to debug the app without fiddling around
with program arguments. And besides that I always plead for "comfort over convention".
3. Thanks for the mvnrepository link. I tried so hard but could not find it on the Maven site
(http://maven.apache.org). Strange isn't it?

One more question for you though.
I want to debug the HSQLDB JDBC driver code.
So in Eclipse I opened the "Maven dependencies" node, right-clicked on hsqldb-1.8.0.7 and
picked Maven->Download sources.
Unfortunately nothing happened (not even an error message).
How can I obtain the sources for HSQLDB-1.8.0.7?

Regards,
Rainer