From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:30:18 GMT
> in fact yes i'm using rainers svn account. sorry, i should have told you that before.
> Of course rainer knows that and please feel free to ask him about that.

I don't know if that's allowed by Apache because you have to sign a
contract to commit code

> I added two more sample applications
>
>  - empire-db-example-cxf
>   a simple webservice build with apache-cxf. it contains the two main classes "RunServer"
and "RunClient".

>  - empire-db-example-struts2-cxf
>  is more or less the same as "empire-db-example-struts2" but uses a webservice to retrieve
the data.

> In order to run/test these examples, you have to start the webservice "RunServer" first,
and then the
> web-example "empire-db-example-struts2-cxf" with tomcat, jetty or a other application
server.

> Would be nice, if someone could have a look at it.

Already tried the swing/ws client/sever app. Nice!
I'll have a look at it later this weekend. We can't have enough examples :-)

Regards,

Francis

> Greetings
>    Benjamin

plugin does not convert the other example projects correctly. And I get an error message during
checkout saying:

>>        An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". Element
 not found: /empire-db-parent/empire-db-examples/empire-db-example-      struts2-cxf/.settings.

>> Although the folder is there?!?!?!
>>
>> I therefore included the upper snipped in the pom.xml only as an comment.
>> If users want to run/debug the web-examples in eclipse, they just have to uncomment
it and run "mvn eclipse:eclipse".

how he did that. He wrote that he used the "Run As--> Run on Server ..." option, but not
that he executed "mvn eclipse:m2eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5" before. So I thought there is an
easier way to get it working.

http://www.somatik.be