From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: again Maven
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:35:14 GMT
do you have a lot of changes? as I don't see me doing a real merge but
just moving stuff around in trunk the same way they are in the branch
+ copying over the extra pom files, unit tests and stuff

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> What? You're working on other projects? Shame on you! :-)
>
> Since the sources of hsqldb 1.8.0.7 don't seem to be avaiable anywhere I will probably
to with 1.8.0.1.

> We should go ahead merging the branches now, then I can to my modifications on the trunk
again.

> Although I am not sure whether we have to, I will do it the Apache way and call for a
vote.

> Regards,
> Rainer
>

> Francis De Brabandere wrote:
>> Re: again Maven
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
>> > Hi Francis,
>> >
>> > first of all I am astonished that you always reply within minutes.
>> > I hope that sitting in front of your computer answering my (stupid) questions
is not your only activity in > life.
>> > If so, let me tell you that there is more to life than computers and that you
should sometimes really go out > and have a beer or two :-)

>> hehe, I've had my part of beer drinking this weekend :-) don't worry
>> it's just that I'm working on an other project of mine and I happen to
>> be at my desk right now...
>>

>> > Back to business.
>> > 1. The MANIFEST.MF does not seem to get recreated, so forget about it for now.
>> > 2. IMO the config.xml should always be in the file system. It makes no sense
to hide it inside a jar. I > think even logically it belongs exactly where the readme.txt
and the tutorial.pdf belong. And there is no doubt > that we must be able to debug the
app without fiddling around with program arguments. And besides that I > always plead for
"comfort over convention".

on the Maven site > (http://maven.apache.org). Strange isn't it?

>> there are other sites to find artifacts but that one is best, it tends
>> to go down from time to time though
>>
>> > One more question for you though.
>> > I want to debug the HSQLDB JDBC driver code.
>> > So in Eclipse I opened the "Maven dependencies" node, right-clicked on hsqldb-1.8.0.7
and picked Maven-> >Download sources.

--
http://www.somatik.be