From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using Maven
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:29:53 GMT
Hi Rainer,

the simplest way to get going is not installing an eclipse plugin but
running the commands as explained in one of my my previous mails.

mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
(for cleaning up first: mvn clean eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse
-DdownloadSources=true)

after that in eclipse:
file - import - existing projects into workspace

select the folder where you checked out the maven branch and click finish
all projects hould be imported and ready for use now.

the alternative is using m2eclipse plugin or q4e plugin
I only tested the m2eclipse plugin and if you use that one you can
skip the eclipse:eclipse command and select import existing maven
project in the import menu

and don't install both eclipse maven plugins as that is looking for trouble.

I hope this helps

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Franics,
>
> Being a Maven newbe I wonder whether you could give me some advice on how to use it.
>
> I have both Maven and the Maven Eclipse Plugin installed but unlike Jörg I don't have
the Option to "Check out as Maven project" within the SVN Repository View (for some reason).

> Now if I check out the entire maven branch into my workspace and call "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
it reports "build successful".

> However in the Package Explorer I only have the maven node with its subnodes but none
of them is marked as a project. Thus I cannot compile or run anything. I also have a bin and
a target folder but there's not much in there.

> If I only check out an example project (e.g. the empire-db-example) and call mvn eclipse:eclipse
I get the following error:

http://www.somatik.be