From "Francis De Brabandere" <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empire-db and Empire-Struts2-ext distribution with Maven support
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:45:12 GMT
Any updates on this? Anything I should do? I'd like to get started now
that I have some spare time.

I'd like to add the build in my hudson ci server... do you have a CI
server running empire? Do you have abuild script for that?

And I have not seen any updates in the trunk for a month? If nothing
much is happening on trunk I prefer  to do the big bang scenario...
That should take me about a day of work...

Hoping for a quick reply,

Francis

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Francis De Brabandere
<francisdb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great news! I'm eagerly waiting for my acceptance...
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
>> Hi Francis,
>>
>> I have got some good news.
>> Our mentors have accepted you as a new committer now.
>> We now have to wait for the Incubator PMC to accept the vote (approx 72 hours) and
then you should be on our team.

>> Again to the transformation to Maven:
>> First we should provide the pom and upload the jars into the public Maven repository.
I don't see it as much of a problem to do that with every release since getting a release
out and accepted can be quite time difficult and time consuming so that this step is probably
the least problem.

>> For the rest (the distribution and / or the project conversion) it's very much up
to you since you are the expert.
>> However you should bear in mind the following:
>>
>> 1. You need to understand the way we have worked so far in order to make sure that
we can achieve the same in a similar way. We are open for any improvements as long as we can
sill compile und debug our projects the way we used to.
>> So if you haven't already done so, you should create a new workspace in Eclipse and
import all projects from svn under trunk/core and trunk/struts2-ext. So you'll end up with
a workspace containing 8 projects. You should then be able to run all the sample applications
and debug all source files.
>> If all that works in a similar fashion after the Maven transition then we will all
be happy.

>> 2. Before you do anything major you should let us know so we can give our comments.
Afterwards you should let us know what you have done and what we have to consider.

http://www.somatik.be