From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: Empire-db and Empire-Struts2-ext distribution with Maven support
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:13:25 GMT
Hi Francis,

I have got some good news.
Our mentors have accepted you as a new committer now.
We now have to wait for the Incubator PMC to accept the vote (approx 72 hours) and then you
should be on our team.

Again to the transformation to Maven:
First we should provide the pom and upload the jars into the public Maven repository. I don't
see it as much of a problem to do that with every release since getting a release out and
accepted can be quite time difficult and time consuming so that this step is probably the
least problem.

For the rest (the distribution and / or the project conversion) it's very much up to you since
you are the expert.
However you should bear in mind the following:

1. You need to understand the way we have worked so far in order to make sure that we can
achieve the same in a similar way. We are open for any improvements as long as we can sill
compile und debug our projects the way we used to.
So if you haven't already done so, you should create a new workspace in Eclipse and import
all projects from svn under trunk/core and trunk/struts2-ext. So you'll end up with a workspace
containing 8 projects. You should then be able to run all the sample applications and debug
all source files.
If all that works in a similar fashion after the Maven transition then we will all be happy.

2. Before you do anything major you should let us know so we can give our comments. Afterwards
you should let us know what you have done and what we have to consider.

3. For every commit you should have a JIRA ticket. You may create tickets yourself or ask
me.

So much for now.
More when you are officially accepted.

Regards