From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:12:43 GMT
What is the perceived difference between users and yourself in
building the distribution files?

Martijn

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> What I mean by maven support is that we want users to be able to build the distribution
files (i.e. apache-empire-db-2.0.4-incubating and apache-empire-struts2-ext-1.0.4-incubating
in http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/empire-db) with Maven.
> Also it should provide projects files for Eclipse, Net Beans etc. if possible so that
we don't have to supply them with the distribution.

> The build.xml Ant file supplied with the distribution could possibly remain and still
work (giving the user an option).

> We don't need Maven for our own development or to build the distribution.
> (Unless you can convince us that it's worthwhile)
>
> Is that how you understood it?
>
> Regards,
> Rainer
>

> Francis De Brabandere wrote:
>> Betreff: Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
>>
>> Do I understand correctly that you want to start building the project
>> using maven instead of ant? Because you are talking about maven
>> 'support'...
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
>> > Thanks a lot Francis,
>> >
>> > I have submitted all my recent changes and I have no local changes left.
>> > Matt and Manuel should not have local changes as far as I know.
>> >
>> > There is one JIRA task still open from Jörg (EMPIREDB-27).
>> > Jörg can you please tell us whether or not you are currently working on
>> this issue?
>> >
>> > I have created a new JIRA-Task for the MAVEN support.
>> > See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMPIREDB-29
>> > Please use EMPIREDB-29 in your comment when you check in modified files.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Rainer

>> of
>> knowledge