From "Francis De Brabandere" <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:37:28 GMT
> This is largely my fault and I want to apologize for that. There are so many
> documents to read and understand and it seems that Jörg and I have been a
> bit too optimistic about the requirements.

No problem

> If you are still interested we would still try to get you on as one of our
> committers but we have to get it right this time. This involves an internal
> (private) proposal, a vote and the information of the Incubator PMC. I would
> expect this to take another couple of weeks time.
> BTW: Have you already have filled out and submitted your Contributor license
> agreement (ICLA)? If so good, it was not in vain.

Yep my ICLA has been sent to secretary@ap... but I did not receive any
confirmation.

> In the meantime you can, if you want, reorganize and extend the current
> distribution for Maven and send the result to me. We will modify our current
> build files to accommodate the changes. I will give you an update about the
> empire-struts2-ext dependencies tomorrow.

There is no need to reorganise the distribution. We can just provide
pom's for each artefact and a .sh/.bat file to install them in the
user's local maven repo. Or we can set up a temporary public
repository. That would help out maven users willing to use empire-db.

As reorganising the distribution would take a lot of time that is not
something to do on every release :-s

Regards,

Francis

--