From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Empire-db and Empire-Struts2-ext distribution with Maven support
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:52:09 GMT
Hi Francis,

do whatever needs to be done for step 1.

As fas as the distribution layout is concerned I was having a look at other Apache projects
and how they do it.
Take e.g. Apache Wicket (http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4-rc1) or Apache CXF
(http://cxf.apache.org/download.html)

We should structure our distribution in a similar fashion so that it best fits Maven.
But if you think that we can leave our layout and just add the pom-files that's fine by me.

I know that the dependencies are not supplied with the Apache Wicket and Apache CXF distribtions
but are fechted by Maven.
The question is, can we still provide the jars in order to allow a simple ant build and leave
Maven as an option?

Whatever you do, it should be a good solutions that give the user an adavantage over the existing
approach.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards
Rainer

P.S. Are you working a lot with databases and have you used Empire-db so far?