From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:30:38 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> What is the perceived difference between users and yourself in
> building the distribution files?

for each accepted release we build the distribuion files (all files in http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/empire-db)
that the user can download, including the binaries, the sources, the examples and the documentation.
Currently we do this by running an Ant script.

The user never builds a distribution, but the distribution contains a script to build the
binaries from the source.
This is currently also an Ant script but a different one obiously.
And this his where we want to provide Maven support.

Rainer