From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE]apache-empire-db-2.0.4-incubatingandapache-empire-struts2-ext-1.0.4-incubatingrelease
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:25:58 GMT
Hi everyone,

looks like we're running in circles with that struts2 extentions release.
Partially it is probably my own fault since I did not question Thomas' findings but I must
say I am not really fond of all these legal issues.

Personally I would really like to bundle the servlet-api and jsp-api in order to have a nice
clean and easy build process. I am also willing to change the release build scripts once again.

However I would like everyone to acknolege that the process of making a release build, uploading
it, calling for vote on the dev-list, wainting or 72 hours, posting the result, calling for
voting on the general list, ... is quite a tedious task and costs Jörg and me a lot of time.

I would really appreciate if anyone who want's to check the release would do this, while we're
voting on the empire-db-dev list and not leave it until we're on the general-incubator list.
This would make life for us a lot easier.

We have run though this whole process three times now, and we still have no binding positive
votes for the struts2-extentions yet. If there are any objections with what we currently offer
as the release we should really discuss and resolve them before our next attempt.

Furthermore the question is how we will be able to get three binding votes at all on the general
incubator list. Unfortuately there has recently been litte interest in this matter so all
we can hope for is a positive vote of Henning, Thomas and Martijn. So my question goes especially
to those three: How can procede in order to get a positive vote from you.

Please take into accout, that the distribution currently avaialbe for downlaod from our project
web-site and source-forge has nothing to do with apache at all. This will make it even harder
to attract new users.

Cheers
Rainer