From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Readme, tutorial and ant build scripts have been updated for Apache incubator release
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:04:43 GMT
Also, I am of course lazy by not running rat for you, but it is also
something you should do when you release after graduation. Therefore
it should be an integral part of the release process.

Running Rat is not *required*, but checking all headers and licenses
is with each release. Rat automates this, therefore it is a very handy
tool to use :-)

Martijn

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Martijn Dashorst
<martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> Typically the release manager would run the rat report, and scan it
> for any obvious errors. The rat report is delivered next to the
> release artifacts so that anyone checking the release can also read
> the report without having to run rat themselves.
>
> You can find more about rat here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/rat/
>
> What I've been doing is checking it out from svn, build it and then
> run it using java -jar <location of rat.jar> projectdir > report.txt
>
> Martijn
>
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have spent some time today to update the tutorial.pdf and the ant build files for
both Empire-db and Empire-Struts2-Extentions.

>> - Tutorial.pdf is now in Empire-db root direcotory and contains the Apache Copyright
notice.
>> - The Readme contains a reference to the tutorial.pdf.
>> - An ant build script (build.xml) is provided with the releases in order to build
the empire-db.jar and empire-struts2-ext.jar.