From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: [VOTE] apache-empire-db-2.0.3-incubating and apache-empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3-incubating release
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:02:12 GMT
I think we all agree that "ESTEAM Software" has to go from everywhere in the release.
This has clearly been a simple mistake.
We didn't know about the RAT report (Jörg did you?) but we have acknoleged this and we will
consider this in the future.

However Henning I was surprised by your comment that it is "pretty common to release Apache
projects as a source archive only without binaries"
In fact, as a long time Apache user I have never seen a release distribution without binaries.
Take Tomcat, Xalan, Struts or Wicket for example, they all contain the binaries.
Or did I misunderstand you on this one?

If no one disagrees I would defer the maven repository for the next release.
But surely we should include the ant build files that we already have with this release.
(We use ant-scripts to build the binaries not the IDE)

Jörg can you find the time to perform all these changes and make a new release candiate?

Regeards,
Rainer