From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: More votes required for Empire-db release
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:44:28 GMT
Hi Martijn,

In fact there has not really been much offline communication.
We have had a discussion on the namespace change on the empire-db-private mailing list at
the beginning of August. Jörg release a good basis that we can have a discussion on. After
all it's just a suggestion.

Since we are not fully familiar with what is necessary for a release we didn't know about
the RAT report. But we are willing to learn. Licensing issues should be resolved as far as
I know.

I think it is crucial, that we can supply users with a version that contains the current project
state including correct package names which will then the basis for all our further efforts
for both development and growing the community.
Otherwise we'd have to tell our users that all their source code will need to be changed again
later on which I reckon will put many of them off. And we probably cannot expect first time
users to build the jars from the SVN repository.

Does anyone disagree?

Rainer