From Jörg Reiher <rei...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: RAT Report of current Trunk (empire-db-2.0.3 / empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3)
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:43:56 GMT
Hi,
the MANIFEST won't include the Apache License. Also the License files won't include the Apache
license. I wasn't very clear with this in my last post, when I said "the license files are
ok" :-)

I did check the Struts release, too, and I found license files for all dependencies you listed
below... in fact I took the license files from the Struts release (struts-2.1.2-all.zip).

I'll build a release later this afternoon.

So far,
Greets
joey

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rainer Döbele [mailto:doebele@esteam.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. August 2008 09:58
An: empire-db-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: RAT Report of current Trunk (empire-db-2.0.3 / empire-struts2-ext-1.0.3)

I don't think it makes any sense putting the Apache License Header in License files.
And do they really want it in the MANIFEST.MF as well?
I checked briefly with Struts2 and it does not contain the Apache Header in the MANIFEST file.
It even does not include license files for OGNL, Freemarker, XWork, etc. so why do we need
to?
Martijn or Henning can you answer this question?

Personally I would also not include them in Eclipse Project files.
But surely it can go in the SampleOutput.txt and the .java files where the header is missing.

Besides the open questions above I would continue with the release, build it and offer it
for voting.
The incubator PMC will have a look at it again anyway.
Jörg how far have you come?

Best regards,
Rainer