From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build configurations
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:07:46 GMT
Hi,
Easyant is build on top of ivy. Our entry point is a module descriptor (a
pure ivy file) where you will describe:
 * standard ivy informations such as project name / version / dependencies
 * informations introduced by easyant like :
 properties
 *

You can associate the following things with a particular build
configuration:

   1. Property values
   2. Plugins
   3. Dependencies (de facto as we uses ivy :))

Hi,

I was wondering: What's the idea behind reusing Ivy configurations for
different build profiles?

I've read [1], and I understand the general notion of loading different
sets of plugins/properties for different use cases. I however don't see any
direct connection between how Ivy uses configurations (to specify different
sets of artifacts and dependencies) with your usage. (The property
EasyAntMagicNames.ACTIVE_BUILD_CONFIGURATIONS does not seem to be read
anywhere?!)

So the question is - why do your build profiles need to be Ivy
configurations?

Best regards,

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/easyant/history/trunk/howto/BuildConfigurations.html