From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A first release process
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:44:02 GMT
Just tried modifying the version in revision attribute and i have the same
issue build failed without error even in debug. Let's debug this later.

Another solution is to set the version property like this :
    <property name="version" value="${ivy.version}-incubating"/>

It will force the version scheme in all produced files (manifest,
version.properties and each distribution archives).

I prefer the shorter version easyant-core-0.9-incubating-bin.zip.

2013/1/28 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>

> Le 28 janv. 2013 à 10:16, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com>
> a écrit :
>
> > If this applies to core only, just updating the version attribute in
> > core/trunk/module.ivy should do the trick without any other changes.
>
> I have just tried that, the build fails at startup but without any error,
> it just look like a System.exit(1) somewhere...
>
> So in the module.ivy I would add a -incubating in the revision. So are we
> cool with that kind of name for the distribution artifact ?
> easyant-core-0.9-incubating-build-20130128010814-bin.zip
> For ASF, it is important that there is "incubating" and the version is
> clear enough. So this is a question mainly for us the PPMC. Should we
> prefer something shorter, like easyant-core-0.9-incubating-bin.zip, or the
> longer version.
> Personally, I don't mind if we choose one over the other.
> If we prefer the shorter version, is there any property which I could set,
> or should I just rename the artifact ?
>
> > Should  we apply this version scheme also on buildtypes/skeletons etc… ?
>
> I will make sure the version on the archive of the source will have the
> "-incubating" suffix. For the version of each plugin, buildtype, skeleton
> in the module.ivy, I think we can stick with 0.9.
>
> Nicolas
>

> > 2013/1/28 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
> >
> >> I had just a little trouble: the version should be 0.9-incubating.
> >> What is the best way to make easyant core build to produce a distrib
> with
> >> that version ?
> >> If the solution is to just rename the artifact afterwards, I don't mind,
> >> we can improve that later.
> >>
> >> Nicolas

> repo.

> >> jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com>