From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: A first release process
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:56:17 GMT
Le 28 janv. 2013 à 10:16, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com> a écrit
:

> If this applies to core only, just updating the version attribute in
> core/trunk/module.ivy should do the trick without any other changes.

I have just tried that, the build fails at startup but without any error, it just look like
a System.exit(1) somewhere...

So in the module.ivy I would add a -incubating in the revision. So are we cool with that kind
of name for the distribution artifact ?
easyant-core-0.9-incubating-build-20130128010814-bin.zip
For ASF, it is important that there is "incubating" and the version is clear enough. So this
is a question mainly for us the PPMC. Should we prefer something shorter, like easyant-core-0.9-incubating-bin.zip,
or the longer version.
Personally, I don't mind if we choose one over the other.
If we prefer the shorter version, is there any property which I could set, or should I just
rename the artifact ?

> Should  we apply this version scheme also on buildtypes/skeletons etc… ?

I will make sure the version on the archive of the source will have the "-incubating" suffix.
For the version of each plugin, buildtype, skeleton in the module.ivy, I think we can stick
with 0.9.

Nicolas

> 2013/1/28 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>
>
>> I had just a little trouble: the version should be 0.9-incubating.
>> What is the best way to make easyant core build to produce a distrib with
>> that version ?
>> If the solution is to just rename the artifact afterwards, I don't mind,
>> we can improve that later.
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> Le 25 janv. 2013 à 16:00, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a
>> écrit :

>>> Definitively.
>>> I'll proceed soon, probably this week-end.
>>>
>>> Nicolas

>> jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com>

>> release

>> should