From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: A first release process
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:19:08 GMT

Le 28 déc. 2012 à 17:42, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com> a écrit
:

> Sounds good for me.
>
> But i'm wondering if it won't be safer to replace the step :
> * invoke ant install-all: it will put every plugins into a shared
> repository locally on the build machine
> by
> * invoke ant install-all: it will put every plugins into a staging
> repository on repo.easyant.org
>
> For the first release i agree that it doesn't change anything.

The problem with that change is that only people having write access to repo.easyant.org could
then build a distribution of easyant. We must be sure there is a simple enough process for
people to build easyant from the sources.

> But for future, plugins could be released individually. To make them
> accessible (as they will not be in the main distribution)
> repo.easyant.orgcould be a good host. Like for the main distribution,
> we could use a
> staging area to make them accessible before being definitivly "public" (or
> "stable").
>
> WDYT ?

No objection. But we must make the difference between building a distribution and releasing.
Building a distribution should be possible to anyone having the sources. Making a release
should then be building a distribution but pushed onto Apache infra for the sources at least,
or somewhere else as repo.easyant.org for the binaries.

Nicolas