From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Becoming part of the Ant project ?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 19:31:21 GMT
Hi,

I was watching the discussion today, and like you i misunderstood the
sponsoring of Ant project to EasyAnt.

I don't see any advantage to build an independent PMC.

EasyAnt is build on top of ant and ivy, and it doesn't mean we just want to
use the library under the hood. EasyAnt is here also to promote those
powerful tools and bring fresh ideas, we already contributed features to
both project, and i'm pretty sure we will continue in this way. As we
depend on those project and really plan to contribute to them i would feel
more confortable if Ant PMC is aware about easyant release and vice et
versa.

EasyAnt will try to be always using upstream version of both project, and
particular needs for us could probably "stimulate" ant or ivy release
frequency.

If one day, some of us becomes part of Ant PMC,  we could also help on
releasing Ant + Ivy.

So i think it's clear enough i prefer second choice.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis Boudart